Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP NEEDED    

HELP NEEDED

pilarmham
Spain

HELP NEEDED

Could you suggest any interesting links related to emotions for 12-year-old elementary students? I �m thinking of videos, songs or games, but any idea will be more than welcome!

Thanks!

14 Nov 2012      

cestakuspechu
Czech Republic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEk48QQSPo4&feature=plcp   Smile

14 Nov 2012     

Isabelle74
France

A game my pupils love to play is drawing smileys representing emotions on the back of another pupil and the pupil has to guess.
Have a pleasant day,
Isabelle.

14 Nov 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If you need a warmer, here �s what I used in a drama camp:
Emotional Orchestra (it can get really lound:)
Choose a couple of basic emotions that would be easy to express with sound, e.g. happy, sad, scared, angry, suprised and split you class into smaller groups which will express those emotions. Ask them to try and express these emotions exaggerating them a bit and then choose one student to be a conductor of the emotional orchestra (or do it yourself). The conductor then makes the gestures for each group to start expressing their emotion (one at a time, at different intervals) You can invent gestures to make the expression quieter or louder, soprano or bass:) 
You can use this as a warmer to start a lesson with, or a relaxation actvity in the middle, or as a cooler at the end of the lesson.
Sophia

14 Nov 2012     

perma
Greece

There �s a game I found on another site some time ago that you might like - sorry I can �t find a link at the moment.

1) You prepare a list of the emotions you �ve taught your students and cut it into slips of paper (each slip features one word)
2) You prepare a list of simple sentences. They can be whatever comes to your mind and it �s actually best if they are not related to the emotions. Put these too in slips of paper.
3) Have a list of the emotions somewhere where your students can see it.
4) Students take turns to pick an emotion and a sentence out of two seperate boxes. They say the given sentence with the given emotion and the others have to guess the emotion. 
For example say "I �d like to order pizza please" and show that you are furious or desperate or thrilled etc. 

It can be good fun but it won �t work if your students are shy or don �t like acting.

14 Nov 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Thank you for your wonderful ideas, dear friends.  Thumbs Up

14 Nov 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Feelings 1

Greetings from Greece,

15 Nov 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Absolutely incredible, dear Sophia! Thank you for all your help and for your time. Clap

My students will definitely enjoy your suggestions!

15 Nov 2012