Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NEED POST ACTIVITIES FOR GRADED READERS    

NEED POST ACTIVITIES FOR GRADED READERS

bunar
Turkey

NEED POST ACTIVITIES FOR GRADED READERS

Hello Colleagues,

My sts are supposed to answer some preview questions and fill in  reading logs which will provide self-regulation.  Now, I need some post tasks. I have some ideas but I need to hear from you about what you do in classes. This will extend my technique. Thanks in advance,
Loves from Turkey:)

PS: I want them to create sth because they will do the task online in a comp. lab at the same time. I hope they ll avoid plagiarism or copy/paste. Each student is reading a different book. They are prep school sts at the age of 19+ .

15 Nov 2012      

Pachy
Spain

What my students have to do once they have read the reader is fill in a general questionnaire about the book (summary, description of two characters, main places in the story, find 10 nouns/ 10 adjectives/10 verbs and 1o adverbs in the book, personal opinion...I have that reader report in my blog (http://ingleselcastrogecs.blogspot.com.es/) in case you need it, but I don �t know if that �s what you �re looking for.

15 Nov 2012     

bunar
Turkey

thanks for your cooperation Patcy! Ill have a look! I have done sth like that before. Choose 10 new words and write new sentences etc. all of my sts are reading a different book and I cant know if those adverbs are stated in their book or not. I dont know if this is important either:) 

16 Nov 2012     

bunar
Turkey

patchy! you have a wonderful corner, my sts  have already answered those questions like the genre of the book, the setting etc. as a previewing activity. Thanx, if you have different suggestions, I �d appreciate it.

24 Dec 2012