Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > reading comprehensions / unseens    

reading comprehensions / unseens

eng789
Israel

reading comprehensions / unseens

You guys make wonderful wss, unfortunately I can�t use too many of them because I work with textbooks and we aren�t allowed to do a lot of photocopying.  I do download some and try to sneak them through.  Kids love them.

What I really need is fictional and non-fictional reading comprehension / unseens with different types of questions.

Please don�t call a grammar or vocabulary fill-in/ cloze  - a reading comp.    It take hours to get through all the materials that are called readings because most of them are really grammar exercises. 

19 Jan 2009      

libertybelle
United States

What age group?
Another question - does your text book have short stories for reading and last question - does your library or school have these wonderful oxford, or Longmann books for reading?

You can get all kinds of books and they�re not expensive.
I believe that to read literature from an English speaking country
gives a good impression of what the people are all about.

SEE here

http://www.oup.com/oxed/children/fiction8to12/

hugs
L

19 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Our text books never have enough short reading comp. exercises.  We have the longman series but we use them mostly for reading for enjoyment or book reports.  There are a ton of unseen books here but they can be used for testing because:  1.  we aren�t allowed to poto copy from them  and 2.  the private teachers here use them a lot so some of the kids are familiar with the texts.  That is why the pieces I pick up here are so great.

Hi5 and Myspace Glitter Graphics: Thank You

19 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I can provide links to some reading comprehension materials via your pm but it would help me to send you stuff if you provide your email as well.

19 Jan 2009