Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Topics for English Club    

Topics for English Club

sabrina5311
Vietnam

Topics for English Club

Hi everyone,

I �m planning an English Club at the end of this month. I get stuck of it. I don �t know what topic I should focus on. Please help me with some interesting topics and activities.

Many thanks,
Sen

16 Nov 2012      

Pelletrine
France

Hi Sen,
first of all, how old are the (kids?), or what age range, and how much English do they know?
secondly: how often will you see them ...... and for how long?
This should help you to canevas the possible activities.
- Do you need a precise outcome?
I think if you could be a bit more precise, it would be easier for us to be able to suggest something ;o)

post back, and there should be help available

Pelletrine

16 Nov 2012     

sabrina5311
Vietnam

Hi Pelletrine,

Thank you so much for your questions. By the way, the students are from 10 to 20. I think their English is between intermediate and advanced. Some of them are from my class, so i see them quite often, but some are from other classes (I hardly know them). I just want to have a topic that can attract their attention to come on that day... I even cannot think of any interesting topics; therefore, there �re no activities in my mind now.

Please help me and I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Sen

16 Nov 2012     

jarek2011
Poland

Dear Sabrina5311,

What not focusing on Scottish National Day - St Andrew �s Day. The day falls on the last day in November - so it will nicely tie in with your English club. The are lots of excellent presentations/ printables about Scotland on this site. Help yourself! I often base my activities on festivals and celebrations in English speaking countries. To name just a few that fall in November: Bonfire Night, Diwali (major Indian festival), Thanksgving, Scotland Day. In December: St Nicolas Day, Hanukkah/ Christmas/ Kwanzaa or you can simply watch with your class a video about Christmas celebrations around the world. It will definitely be a hit with your students!

16 Nov 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Look through the older forum posts here, you might find some suitable ideas.
Sophia

16 Nov 2012     

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Look here http://www.englishclub.com/speaking/agreeing-disagreeing-topics.htm

And here http://www.englishclub.uz/news/list_of_topics/2010-11-20-176

17 Nov 2012     

sabrina5311
Vietnam

Many thanks from my dear collegues!!!

18 Nov 2012