Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas skits    

Christmas skits

magita
Croatia

Christmas skits

Hello,
Is it to early? I always get very nervous when I see December approaching.
At our school we always have preformances for parents. It �s easy with older children: they love acting and they can learn their parts at home.
But the young ones need inspiration. They can �t read and I have to teach them their lines during the lessons. Since they �ve been learning english for 2 years already, only singing songs sound a bit too simple.
Do you have any ideas or experience to share?
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
Magita

19 Nov 2012      

cindyfreksen
Denmark

You could choose a well known fairytale to act out.

If you are the narrator the kids get prompts directly from you, and it is all part of the play.

It is a good idea to have another adult to push the correct child onto the stage and remove the ones that are done!

Good luck
Cindy

19 Nov 2012     

Apodo
Australia

I used this play for my special needs students. I simplified it even more for them. It has lots of repetition.  Santa �s Diet by Philip R
With my students, I said each line, and they repeated it. After a while I didn �t need to prompt so much, but even in the performance they repeated after me where necessary. I made signs which one person held up to show where each scene took place. At Santa �s House, At the sleigh etc. The costumes were just hats for Santa and the elves, and some antlers for Rudolph.
An example:
Rudolph: What do you have for breakfast Santa?
Santa: 12 pieces of toast
Elf 1: 12 pieces of toast!
Santa: 6 eggs
Elf 2: 6 eggs!

My students loved being shocked by Santa �s bad diet. He doesn �t like fruit and vegetables etc. I don �t know if it would be suitable for your students, but we had a lot of fun.
Thankyou Philip R.

19 Nov 2012     

nosemellon
Portugal

There is a nice singing activity that involves 12 or more students.

The students need to create a modern version of the 12 days of Christmas.

Then on stage they sing it.... Start off with 1 student on stage (the best or most confident singer) They need to hold up their picture of a partridge in a pear tree or an alternative. They sing the first line. They are joined by another student to sing number 2 and so on.. By the end of the song, there are 12 students on the stage. (or any number really)

works well and is incredibly cute to watch.

19 Nov 2012     

magita
Croatia

Thank you very much. I think I �ll use all your suggestions since I have 7 groups to prepare.

20 Nov 2012