Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas Surprise    

Christmas Surprise

karka30
Poland

Christmas Surprise

Dear friends,

I �ve asked you some time ago the same question but maybe it was still too early for the topic.
I need your help and ideas.

This year we �re starting a new event at our school: Christmas Surprise,
it �s done by the English teachers for the whole school.
My friend is preparing a play for ypunger students (7-9), and I �m going to prepare something for kids aged 10-13. I was thinking about some play - then I �d prepare it with a group of students to stage for the rest of school kids. But maybe you have got some idea of other nice things that are related with Christmas but would not be as obvious as a play.
It can take from 1 hour to even more if we get something lasting so long prepared.
I �d like it to be fun, and not religious.

counting on you as always

Karolina

19 Nov 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about dramatizing a song? While a group of students, who have got great vocals, are singing at the side of the stage, the other group is dressing up and showing what they are singing (BTW they could also pull out mini-posters cut-out in the form of speech bubbles with exclamations/interjections like "Wow!", "Oops!", etc. to make the performance more fun:)
Sophia 

19 Nov 2012     

karka30
Poland

Sounds good Sophia,
but what kind of song have you got in mind? Any song/carrol that would work?
BTW I found on this site some short funny Xmas scripts that could be implemented and I feel like doing a little fun theatre out there:)
I like Xmas so much and can �t wait to have my mind clear about the show and get on working.

hugs friend,

Karolina

19 Nov 2012