Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Clarifications in other languages besides English    

Clarifications in other languages besides English

deeedee
Spain

Clarifications in other languages besides English

I wonder if I might make a suggestion. A lot of people upload worksheets which include instructions or explanations in their own language (not English). While this may be helpful to other teachers who speak that language, it slows many teachers down when they are looking for worksheets because they have to open the preview before discovering the presence of a language which they do not understand. If teachers would just include in the description: "Some clarifications in Spanish (Swedish, German...).", then teachers who have no use for the cited language could realize it immediately and go on to another worksheet. On the other hand, teachers who could benefit from the language would also be able to find this type of help more quickly.

I appreciate your consideration.

P.S. I should also add that I did find one worksheet whose creator was foresighted enough to do this (and perhaps there are more). Thanks!

21 Nov 2012      

coyote.chus
Spain

Hi,
It goes against the rules of this site to include a language different from  English. "Your contributions must be 100% in English language". So, if you find a worksheet which includes a different language, you can report it. There are lots of worksheets reported for that reason every day.
Hugs,
Chus

21 Nov 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I download the odd ws with instructions in a foreign language - I just delete them. 

21 Nov 2012     

deeedee
Spain

Thank you, Chus, for that reminder. I didn �t know if I was being too strict about this, but you are right, the rule is clear. I have found so many worksheets which deviate on this point. Anybody who has a mixed language worksheet should remedy it, then!

Cunliffe, deleting material means editing the worksheet and this takes time. All of my worksheets were edited thoroughly previous to uploading and do not require any further editing. Remember the Golden Rule. ("Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.")

Have a good day.

22 Nov 2012