Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Tomorrow is a big day for "us" Americans    

Tomorrow is a big day for "us" Americans

libertybelle
United States

Tomorrow is a big day for "us" Americans

Tomorrow we Americans turn a big corner in our history.
Our first president of color and hopefully a new government
that will change many of the wrongs made in the last horrible
8 years.
To get into the mood - here is a link to an incredible song
from the concert at the Lincoln Memorial.

Just listen to that choir and listen to the words of the song.

Tomorrow will be a day to remember!
Rejoicing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xql3ob0XORY&feature=related

19 Jan 2009      

jadd
Morocco

That �s good to hear so.

I hope you a great day

and for the whole life too.

jadd

19 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Newsday.com Photo Of A Tired Senator Obama In Reno, Nevada  He has a lot of work ahead of him.  But I think it�s about time for a change. 

Being the old lady that I am,  I remember the 50�s, they weren�t the best of times for the U.S.

Let�s hope he gets enough support to do a great job during some difficult times there.

Go Obama GO!!!!!!

19 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Please don�t get me wrong - I�m more than glad that Bush�s time is over - but other people here have been told not to post political and/ or religious comments. I think this is one and I agree with the people who say, that this forum isn�t for political or religious subjects.
Sorry - don�t want to be rude.

19 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

could you give us the direct link for the song or the title of it, please?

Yes, i am really happy for America, for americans, and for the rest of the world too, because he looks so much more intelligent!

.......And because my son and family live there!

A nice day to you Libertybelle!

19 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

To  Mariethe House

Just highlight the link above - copy and paste in the url column above.

To Meitz
We are talking about an historical event  in an English speaking country.
This is relevant to anyone and everyone here.
sorry if you don�t agree.

L

19 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

I agree this is a historical event, but how do you define historical? The war in Israel and Palestine is, too. It�s part of history. But that is political?! As I said - I�m glad Bush�s history, but that�s still political and the consensus here has been, that political subjects shouldn�t be posted on the forum?
Where do we draw the line otherwise?

19 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I agree with Libertybelle. The forum is not the place for political matters but Obama�s inauguration goes beyond that.  It is an event of great historical significance - not only for Americans, but for the whole world.
I was in Atlanta when he was elected and, although I am not American, I shared the people�s hopes and enthusiasm.

19 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

I agree when you say we shouldn�t be discussing politics in this forum. However, I also agree with Anna when she says Obama�s inauguration goes beyond that. Right now I�m watching the news on Portuguese TV about it and I certainly hope this�ll be the beginning of a new era, not only for America but to the rest of the world.

19 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

I�m not denying it goes beyond that. Far be it from me.
BUT: Where do we draw the line???

19 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree with sivia, Anna and Libertybell,  it is an important event for the whole world.  I don�t think it should be compared to a war.  Anyone who has ever studied American History understands the importance of the event. 

Meitz, I think you are just trying to provoke a reaction. 

19 Jan 2009     

1    2    3    Next >