Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Translate degrees in the UK?    

Translate degrees in the UK?

spinney
United Kingdom

Translate degrees in the UK?

Hi Folks!

A quick question for all those from other countries that have done post-graduate degrees in British universities. Was it necessary to translate your original degree or pay to have it "justificado?" (justify? - don �t know how that would translate) I have a student going to Reading in England to study and she would like to know whether or not to spend the money. It is quite expensive. I �m pretty sure it �s not necessary but I �d like to know for certain.

Cheers

Dale 

22 Nov 2012      

offstage
Brazil

Hi Dale!

Here in Brazil when we have a similar situation, it is called "sworn translation". I believe that the "justificado" means this. A sworn translator is a professional translator registered in the Commercial Trade of the State, who can translate from the original language of the document to the language requested.
I hope to have helped, if I understood correctly.

Regards

Ursula

22 Nov 2012     

pepaflower
Spain

Hi Dale!

I enrolled for a post-graduate degree at John Moores University in 2008 and had to translate my Spanish degree for that. However, now in Spain you can ask for the "Certificado Europeo" (European Certificate), which is 30 euros, if you finished your degree after 2003 and it is valid within all the countries from the European Union.  I guess that if she is from a country member of the European Union she will have a similar option in her native country. 

Regards

Sandra

22 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

I had to have mine translated down here by a third party.  I also had to have the English version "certified" by the US embassy.  But this was for immigration purposes, not academic.

22 Nov 2012     

spinney
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your help, folks!

22 Nov 2012