Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A day in history!    

A day in history!

Ritanilo
Brazil

A day in history!

Tomorrow the entire world is going to watch a changing in history: The Barack Obama inauguration ceremony.
I want to congratulate all American people who voted for him, and in addition, I am sure, the whole world is praying for him to be wise, honest and noble. Do a good job Mr. Obama. We count on you.
I would like to invite those who are interested in this moment of history to watch the inauguration ceremony

http://www.voanews.com/english/portal.cfm

We want a world of peace and joy. Please, let�s get together in a prayer for this achievement. This website is an example that is possible ... Every time that I login I see teachers from every corner of this planet talking about common things ... helping each other - the complaints are just about the thieves around. I see messages of good night and someone else answers back... this is just wonderful!

The world can be like that someday. I pray to be soon.

For those who is going to bed now, good night, and for those is getting ready for a new day, have a nice day.

Kisses from Brazil
Rita

20 Jan 2009      

roselyrose1
Algeria

Hello dear friend i do not think that the world will change simply that the blood power controled all and the Americans they are not free in their country simply just because jews people takes control of all Americans administration such as pantagon and sure obama he will one of jews slave and this Obama with his silence about killing children and women in Gaza this small village
who fighted a big blood army in this world alone without any force he started his presedential
with fear from those criminals ............that�s the true dear friend and the coming days will show you and will show us.
But we have to pray for our world for peace ....i like your presedent lola and also Hugo chavez believe me they are free and brave men ...so corageous.........

20 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Whilst I do not want to appear to be negative, please can we refrain from this sort of message.  Previously we have had people speaking about atrocities in Israel and extremism and it has been quite religious or political and a general concencus amongst contributors is that these sort of messages are best expressed elsewhere - not on a language sharing resource site.

Whilst the sentiment you portray is indeed a positive one, it is still open to interpretation and disagreement by many who may not entirely agree with the way America is run and so if we are going to request that issues on the forum are limited to ESL type information (with the odd smiley to make us feel happy) then this type of message must fall under the category of �not appropriate for this forum�.

I am not anti-american or the new president, I think we need to be fair all round and if we request that political and religious issues should not be debated on this forum, then we should do just that for all similar opinions

20 Jan 2009     

mizutamari
United States

I think roselyrose1�s comment is rather prejudiced against Jewish people.  I dont think you can measure someone�s character based on their religion, country, color of their skin, or anything else.

20 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Please, whilst I have no authority nor am I the site censor, but please can I request that no further remarks are made about this subject - otherwise we are just going to get comments from people who are both sincere but totally opposite to each other and just exchanging ideas or even worse insults.  If you want to enter into debate about political or religious issues, please do it somewhere else.

20 Jan 2009     

mizutamari
United States

More than preventing a debate on unrelated topics, I�m particularly disturbed by the user�s prejudice, since this forum is made up of teachers from all over the world.

On most forums users like roselyrose1 would be banned for making slandering remarks against other users.  Her remarks weren�t just about Obama, but about Jewish people in general, and I�m sure there is at least one (if not many more) Jewish users on the site that would find offense.

20 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

What is it with you roselyrose1?

You wrote in your introduction, �Hello iam looking to meet good people and improve my English�. I suggest you read �How to Win Friends and Influence People�, before you carry on in your quest. You assume many things in your short message. I presume you know about all of these matters first hand and that it is not just hearsay or misguided tales or deductions.

This is a wonderful site to interact with the �good people� you talk about meeting, but with such obviously huge chip on your shoulder, maybe you wont get to close to many of them.

alla ysalmak.

20 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

You people are doing precisely what I was talking about.  All this bickering and differing of opinions is neither constructive or relevant to esl printables - if you want to exchange ideas, then do it through the private messenger.  I ask again - please no more on this subject

20 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Ritanilo - I agree with your sentiments - I believe the whole world (pro, anti & otherwise US policy) will be hoping for a positive change.

This forum, however, is not a political or current affairs forum (unless they relate directly to ESL/EFL), as thoughtfully & carefully worded by our colleague Logos.

In order to keep this forum to topics that are relevant to ESL,  friendly social chit-chat or directly site related, we should stop posting on subjects that, however momentous, are not ESL related but are highly emotionally charged.

Any individual�s perspective is influenced by their own experiences & may be justifiable in their own eyes. No member here should pass judgement on another�s position with regard to matters of race, religion or creed on this site.

Vilification is not the purpose for ESLprintables� existence. In many places in the world vilification is illegal as harassment & /or discriminatory practice (not to mention ethical & moral considerations).

So please colleagues & friends, refrain from posting any messages that may be tainted by political, religious, anti religious, racist, or discriminatory overtones.

Yours with affection & concern,
ab

20 Jan 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Thanks Ritanilo,

We all wish for peace.One of our duties is to teach peace and to create peace loving generations and politicians.

Wish we�ll live to achieve this goal.

HUGS FROM ALL PEACE LOVERS

20 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

People like roselyrose1
                      Algeria  don�t even deserve the time it takes to reply.  He spouts the brainwashed b___t  of people who have no understanding of what is happening in Israel.  I love all the fanatics that are quick to criticise but ask them to take in some the the Palistinians and they close their gates so fast that it is unbelievable - because like all the other Arab countries, nobody wants them.

20 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >