Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > funny pictures    

funny pictures

mariajosefuster
Spain

funny pictures

There are many interesting powerpoints of funny pictures here. Do you know of any interesting way to use them?
I can only think of:
- students, in pairs, describe the pictures, one slide each
- students describe them to each other, while the second student doesn �t see the picture and draws it

Thank you very much,

Maria Jos�

1 Dec 2012      

ironik
Australia

If you are teaching children, you can use pictures in many, many ways!
For example, print them and make it like a memory game. Firstly, show them all and make them tell what �s in the picture. Then, mix them and turn them back. Ask them to guess which card it is. They have 3 shots. If they can �t guess, Teacher gets one pt. If they can, Class gets 1 pt. I tried this w/different classes from age 6-7, they fell in love with it!

If you don �t wanna print, this is another way:

At the end of the ppt, put a white square on the pic, if they are older, give them some simple but challenging clues about the pic and make them guess again. 

You can also associate one pic. with a word and even ask them to draw it in their notebook, my 12-14 year old Ss did so even before I told them to draw.

Hope these are meaningful and helpful for you :

2 Dec 2012     

mariajosefuster
Spain

Thank you very much,
MJ

2 Dec 2012