Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New WOD for the weekend!    

New WOD for the weekend!

Mar0919
Mexico

New WOD for the weekend!

Hello, dear friends! Let �s start December with a little fun! Get you wittiest, funniest, wierdest daffynitions coming! The WOD for this weekend isssssssssss:

ABSQUATULATE

Let �s see what you all come up with!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

Mar

1 Dec 2012      

edrodmedina
United States

That is what Absquats � boss told him when he came to work after 8:00 AM. "Absquat, u late! You �re fired"

1 Dec 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

ABSQUATULATE
Someone who develops his abdominal muscles too late!

1 Dec 2012     

marmachado
Portugal

To argue

1 Dec 2012     

Jayho
Australia

But Ed, if Abs knew he was about to be fired he could have gotten in first and said 

Abs quat* tu late

Meaning, me (abs) am quitting far too late - should have done it before

*Urban dictionary�s definition of quat = the past tense of quit

1 Dec 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

abdicate/quality
A polite way of saying that it is obvious a particular student didn �t put any effort into the work he handed in, that s/he didn �t even intend to provide quality work.

"By absquatulating often, despite repeated exhortations, Johnny seems to have resigned himself to failing this year and I, his teacher, am left exhaustipated*"

*exhaustipated=too tired to give a shit

2 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@MarionG LOL. I �m going to introduce exhaustipated into my vocabulary!

However, to absquatulate is to speak with an air of absolute authority, while treating others � opinions with complete disdain, on abstract philosophical matters about which you haven �t the foggiest idea. Are absquatulators going to let their ignorance interfere with their pontificating?? Are they heck! They are going to absquatulate ad nauseam. (Note: absquatulators become much worse after a drop of the old alcohol. The only solution is to keep their glass full until mercifully they drift off into the Land of Nod.)

Edit: �fess up time: I�m a bit of an absquatulator myself!

2 Dec 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOLLOLLOL   Very funny daffynitions!!! Let �s see some more participations! Still lot of weekend left! 

Happy Sunday!

2 Dec 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"ABSQUATULATE"

I must intervene, to explain that "to absquatulate" is the verb for an unfortunate Medical Condition which even medical personnel are unwilling to discuss in public, unless they have a Sanitary Engineer present.

The "Abs" are the Abdominal Muscles, which allow a person to bend the body, lower the underclothes, and adopt the "Squat" position.

In normal circumstances, a perfectly ordinary bodily function then follows.

However, there are some unfortunate Medical circumstances, when the patient is not sufficiently quick, and this individual will "absquatulate".

The meaning of the word becomes clear, when we realise that the pronunciation is: "Abs Squat Too Late".

It is at times like this, that Hospital Visitors should always have a joke ready. 

"Why are there no Aspirins in the Brazilian Jungle?"

"I don �t know: why are there no Aspirins in the Brazilian Jungle?"

"Because the Paracetamol".  ("Because the Parrots eat �em all").

Les Douglas

2 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Idthemagicman LOL. In this case, I wish to withdraw my confession of absquatulation. 

2 Dec 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL  You guys are very witty!!!! Tic, toc, tic, toc! A few hours more to go!!! I �ll choose the winner early tomorrow morning!!!! 

Let �s hear some more daffynitions!!!!

2 Dec 2012     

1    2    Next >