Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > caption contest 3.12.12    

caption contest 3.12.12

MarionG
Netherlands

caption contest 3.12.12

Only now I saw the message telling me I also won the caption contest, thank you so much!!
(nice to come back home to these surprises after a rough day at work!)

I am having some computer issues so a picture I had on file already will have to do....

Here it goes, can you come up with a funny caption for this one (it left me pretty speechless to be honest...)

3 Dec 2012      

Pelletrine
France

Suzanne was a funny unconventionnel person: so, once, at the actual date of her birthday,she invited all her friends to a "Post-birth/Pre-funaral party".

- This is what her friends came up with: a gorgegeous cake .... but, if her intention was just a moment of fun ... she should had read this through the mysterious lines on her cake:

What a neat cake ! Under/underneath that cake lies a big regret : we will miss you when you have finished it ... all by yourself, you greedy little thing ! But, nevertheless:  you will leave with our best wishes for a lovely afterlife ... and good luck to eat it all up! .... and then, yes, we �ll neatly miss you ! ....  ;o)

3 Dec 2012     

Pelletrine
France

* she should have read .... (sorry!)

3 Dec 2012     

Minka
Slovenia

Dear Suzanne, sorry for mixing up the words, omitting letters and making this cake as it is now. All we wanted to say was: We will definitely miss this cake after it goes underneath (as everything we eat), it looks so neat with all those roses � Oh yes, an best wishes to you, too!

3 Dec 2012     

douglas
United States

Aha! I �ve got it---

Her name is Suzanne Under and her colleagues find it "neat" that they will miss her.  This is a double-edged sword that allows for those that like her as well as those that are happy to see her go.

EDIT- I just figured out how this happened.  The instructions were to write "Best Wishes Suzanne"  and underneath that "We will miss you"  -- "underneath that" indicating where the next line should be placed.  DOOOHH!

4 Dec 2012     

Jayho
Australia

The under neat that cake

Flo Flo decided to bake

A lovely little farewell cake

For a very special person

It was for Suzanne

The colleague of her man

And the teacher of her children

She made it in a hurry

In a skirmish and a flurry