Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to introduce expressions with get to 11 years old student?    

How to introduce expressions with get to 11 years old student?

caren_630
Egypt

How to introduce expressions with get to 11 years old student?

I am teaching expressions with "get" next week and I tried to find some creative ideas to introduce expressions but in vain. I did not find anything useful regading introducing them. I am open to any suggestionss.
get married
get well soon
get tired
get dressed
get together
get ready

4 Dec 2012      

quietgamze
Turkey

Why don �t you try to act them out in the class with the help of some pictures or powerpoint slides. Get one of your colleagues help you act it. For instance make him your partner and act a wedding with him or you can even use a picture of a groom, you play the bride. I hope those ideas are useful for you. Good luck!

4 Dec 2012     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

I thought greetings cards :-) Maybe they could make some! You could also use

get lost
get fired
get divorced
get sick/ill

Cindy

4 Dec 2012     

yanogator
United States

get up
get on (the bus)/get off
get in (the car)/get out
get over something
get through
get by
get to (a place)
get out
get down (dance in a very soulful way)
get even with

I like Cindy �s idea of greeting cards (inspired by "Get well soon"). You could have the students come up with creative cards to express these various ideas.

I used to tell my students that if you can �t think of the right verb for a situation, try "get", because there �s a good chance it will work.

Bruce

4 Dec 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

A Poem?  A Rap?

This guy likes to rap with grammar items:

4 Dec 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Sorry.  This is the one with "get"

4 Dec 2012