Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Brilliant student    

Brilliant student

badooruae
United Arab Emirates

Brilliant student

Hi from UAE                                                                                   I want some help.   I want to ask about what can we do for brilliant students in school society ?   How do you present them in school ? Not in only in English. But in all subject. 
 Help me plz with any suggestions. 
Thank  

9 Dec 2012      

Renoa
Saudi Arabia

Salam and hi there :)

well , smart students should and DESERVE a special atmosphere .

teachers should pay attention to them , to encourage them and develop their creativity by many great ways .

like choosing them for outdoor school trip to the museum or other schools.

to announce thier names in the morning broadcast or to write their names all over the school encouraging walls.

giving them such nice gifts , make a video about them at the end of the year and put it in Youtube .

I haope that was a great help for you ^_^

9 Dec 2012     

Shalottslady
Belgium

Highly intelligent students don �t like to be the centre of attention in general . So, in all respect, Renoa, I don �t think announcing and writing their names everywhere is going to be all that supportive.
When I have outstanding students, I tend to motivate them by giving them more challenging exercises, praising them individually (without others really hearing) and by asking them what it is that they would like to do instead if a lesson seems to be too easy for them. I once had a student who studied Japanese on his own when he had �easy � classes (so not only during English, but also maths, chemistry, French, ...)

9 Dec 2012