Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Pictures    

Pictures

SaraMariam
United States

Pictures

Good evening, morning, afternoon everybody :)

I would like to ask you a question concerning pictures, as I �m not really familiar with what you should or shouldn �t do - the law of copyright is pretty complicated :s.
I �m creating some worksheets about the alphabet / soundrecognition for "my little ones" and would like to share them since they really like them. But I have no idea if I �m allowed to upload them. This is a pic of one of the worksheets, by the way

For the b&w pics I used google, typed in for example "cat free coloring" and took one of the pics that showed up. However .. does "free" automatically mean that I �m allowed to use it in the worksheets to upload here?

Thanks a lot for enlightening me. I �m trying to learn about all that picture things .. too complicated for me really ;)

10 Dec 2012      

yanogator
United States

Just as a preliminary answer, "free" definitely doesn �t mean that you are allowed to use them here. Others will fill in the details, since they have experience and kinow the best sites to find images that you can use.

Bruce

10 Dec 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

Bruce is right that free doesn �t necessarily mean free. On the other hand there is also fair use.

Just upload your ws and as long as the pics are not watermarked you should be okay.

10 Dec 2012     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for your precious help!!! Have a great day :)

11 Dec 2012     

juliag
Japan

I agree with Philip, as long as the pictures are not watermarked and not from i-clipart it should be fine to use them for non-profitable use, such as here. Looking forward to seeing your worksheets in the recent contributions. 

11 Dec 2012     

centralvar
Spain

hello everybody!
Wellm this not a reply, but a question because I ahve a problem with pictures too.
One of my worksheets hasbeen revomed because of the pictures I used, and would like to know where you get so beautiful pictures for your worksheets. Please, help me. I think that my worksheets are a bit boring.
thank you very much

11 Jan 2013