Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please, I realy need you īr help    

please, I realy need you īr help

sadeel
Palestine

please, I realy need you īr help

Hi , I started teaching teens (boys and girls) they r between 12-15 years old, but the problem is they only know "the letters" their level is "elementry", and I have to give them a curriculum that designed for the 8th grade, what can I do???  please any suggestion how can I teach them the basics, in only 1 hour, 5days a week. and they have to do a test in their books after 4 months. please any advice or suggestion will be great. thanks a lot :(

11 Dec 2012      

Great Teacher Onizuka
Russian Federation

Hello!
Please, don īt be upset. It īs a common thing in Russia to be behind the curriculum. Studying languages at comprehensive school is rather complicated here. I have such a situation with my 9th grade. They have an exam this year.
Wow! You have 5 hours a week! That īs cool! Take 2 hours for basics and 3 hours for curriculum studies. Look the test through if you have a chance. Write down all the difficult words, make a list and learn these words with your students. Do the same thing with all other activities. Just coach them for this test. Do not think about basics. You īll do it after the test. Speak with your assistant principal about this situation and ask her(his) advice. Anyway you should tell about this problem not get into trouble. It īs not your falt they know nothing. I think the administration will help you as they will be the first to blame if your students fail.
After you survive the test you will be able to think about basic.
I hope this could help a little.
Take care and cheer up!

11 Dec 2012