Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > greetings from Austria    

greetings from Austria

isa2
Austria

greetings from Austria

For all those who live in a warmer climate. Savour this...

WINTER IN THE ALPS

12 Dec 2012      

florimago
Spain

I live in Galicia , in the Northwest of Spain and it never snows here . Your pic is really fantastic , so cold , so snowy , terrific I love it!

12 Dec 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It �s snowing hard where I live. Had to walk home knee-deep in snow this afternoon... and it �s windy, so I don �t feel too romantic about snow right now:( (I generally do love frosty, snowy winter)
Sophia

12 Dec 2012     

ellakass
Israel

How happy you are! I was born in Siberia-snow and snow. Now the people here are swimming in the sea in December!

12 Dec 2012     

aneliz15
Puerto Rico

I love the picture!! I live in Puerto Rico ( In the Caribbean) so we NEVER see any snow. But your picture feels serene.

12 Dec 2012     

joannagrace2911
Philippines

I am one of many Filipinos who wants to see snow. I love the serenity of the picture. 

13 Dec 2012     

douglas
United States

Austria in winter is like a fairytale land -- very beautiful. I used top drive between Salzburg and Villach 5 or 6 times a year (round trips) and winter was always fascinating.  Luckily my car brokedown once and we spent the night in a small pension--wonderful people, wonderful experience.

13 Dec 2012     

mvblair
United States

What a beautiful picture! Is that a small village in the foreground? I would like to be in one of those houses, reading an old book.

I live in the Great Lakes region of the US. We used to have plenty of snow every year, but last year we only had three or four snowfalls. So far this year, we haven �t had any snow. Some of my students who moved here from the Caribbean and Mexico are very disappointed.

13 Dec 2012     

isa2
Austria

I �m glad most of you liked the picture. I just wanted to share this winter wonderland with you.

@myblair
Yes, this is part of a street village. However, most villages in Austria have developed haphazardly - mostly around the church. That is why most houses in the village centres are built around  the church square.

@douglas
I �ll keep my fingers crossed for snowfall in the Great Lakes region just at Christmas time. I �ve just had a little talk with Saint Peter and he said he would see what he could do for you Wink

13 Dec 2012