Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I NEED YOUR IDEAS    

I NEED YOUR IDEAS

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I NEED YOUR IDEAS

I am going to write an article for the  high school magazine about "the importance of starting to travel at a young age". I have lots of ideas and I have already started to write it but perhaps you can help me with some ideas I haven �t even thought about.
I take my 12 year old students to England every year and I think it is really a fantastic experience for them.
Thanks in advance for your help
Yolanda

12 Dec 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You �re right, Yolanda, it �s experiencing the language and the culture first-hand. As the proverb goes, "It �s better to see once than to hear 100 times". Every time you share your impressions of the trip in the forum I always feel so happy for your students that they get to go to London. I think the trip acts as an eye-opener for them because it shows them why they are learning a foreign language and it gives them motivation to strive for better results in language acquisition.

Sophia

12 Dec 2012     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

One of the advantages of starting to travel at an young age is certainly the higher amount of energy the students have!And one thing leads to another.Generally speaking, they are more adventurous and it �s essential to be motivated to learn a foreign language in a sucessful way!

Hugs,

Susana

12 Dec 2012     

chrissmolder
Australia

Hello! My family and I live on board a boat and we travel around a lot. I think it is a great experience for kids to know that people live in different ways and believe different things (not just that they eat different foods and wear different clothes, etc). I think it promotes greater understanding of world events and people, and teaches them to realize that some of our beliefs are shaped by the place we live in--in this way it may even teach them to be more independent in their thinking.

13 Dec 2012     

douglas
United States

Hi Yolanda,

I spent a good hour today trying to find something you could use, but I ddin �t find it.  There was a couple that met while travelling and ended up falling in love and founding a very large company (a well known name brand) in California.  It �s a wonderful story, but I can �t remember the name of the company.  I looked for it, but was at a loss.

Perhaps someone else here remembers the story/company.

Sorry,
Douglas

13 Dec 2012