Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ADVANTAGES OF STARTING TO TRAVEL AT A YOUNG AGE    

ADVANTAGES OF STARTING TO TRAVEL AT A YOUNG AGE

Yolandaprieto
Spain

ADVANTAGES OF STARTING TO TRAVEL AT A YOUNG AGE

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I posted a message to try to get ideas on the title you have above but only a few people answered it and I am sure there are lots of people with new, interesting ideas about the topic. Please help me! Thanks to the people who sent their messages.
Yolanda

13 Dec 2012      

maggiejeria
Chile

Yolanda, I�m not sure if it could help you, but you can see a worksheet that I share here,  some time ago: "FEELING WHILE LIVING ABROAD. READING COMPREHENSION"
Regards,
Maggie

13 Dec 2012     

abumohamed
Tunisia

1.  There was a time when a volunteering holiday was the domain of the most courageous cultural tourists. But in the past decade, travel companies and charities have been catching on to the call for altruistic holiday experiences through �voluntourism�. They organize your transport, accommodation and, in some cases, the projects themselves. However, what you put in -and get out- of your time there, is still up to you.

2. I�m on a two-week volunteering package holiday  in Sri Lanka, created in reaction to the tsunami�s effects. The volunteering holiday I�m taking isn�t one where people�s skills are matched with projects, so a lot of the work involves working and playing. From the outset, we�re encouraged to treat this trip like a holiday and not to feel guilty if we want a day off while others are working. In the initial night�s briefing, we were advised: �don�t expect to save the world.� But all the visitors I�m with are keen to get out to the projects and are happy to make a difference if only a small one.

3. My group has been here almost a week and so far we�ve mainly been working. But today is time out from the volunteering. Gamini, our driver is giving us his �local knowledge� tour of the region.  He brings us to a town called Paraliya. This town is significant to our group for two reasons. Some of my fellow group members were on the first of these volunteering holidays to it in May 2005. It was here that they helped a family complete the construction of their home, which we visit. And it was here that a horrific disaster occurred. Now the only sign of such destruction is a memorial by the shore, above the ground where almost 500 unidentified bodies are buried.

4. The tour group parks at the memorial, and I saw the image that could sum up this journey to the south-west coast of Sri Lanka : a man and a boy sitting on a fishing boat, under the palm trees, staring out to the ocean that brought forth the fierce tsunami.

5. I ask the man on the boat if I can take his photo. He approves and gives me his address so that I can send him the photo. I ask if he is a fisherman. �No, a cook�                                                                 And before I know it,  this new acquaintance is inviting me to his caf� over the road from the shore.                                                       � But I�m with a group,� I say �I have to get back�- �Bring them, too!� , he� says.                                                                                                                                                  

�But I have no money on me.�  

�It�s OK!� he says. �You eat�

So here I am, on holiday from a comfortable life in London, and here he is, a man who lives in a town that has seen far more than its fair share of misfortune. Yet it is he who is looking after me

Adapted from The Guardian, July 27th 2006This is a text about altruistic holidays

14 Dec 2012     

labadi2011
Algeria

thanks for sharing do you have ay interesting books for pronunciation to send them to me

14 Dec 2012