Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > searching for a song    

searching for a song

bibikos
Greece

searching for a song

hello dear friends,

I was asked to present a short sketch with one of my junior classes (8 years old) at the end of the year. The topic will be "a tour of London", which will last approximately 10-15 minutes. I was thinking that they could also sing a song which could be something like London Bridge (is falling down) or even a pop/rock song related to London (or England). Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas to all of you!

18 Dec 2012      

jonquille
Monaco

There is a band that young pupils love: it is called "One direction" and the video clip of the song "One thing" takes place in London. you can watch it on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xs_xPb46M
... but the lyrics have nothing to do with a traditional English song about London!
Good luck for your show

18 Dec 2012     

douglas
United States

You could have fun and have them tour London as werewolves and sing "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon:

Cheers,
Douglas

18 Dec 2012     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

What about the Streets of London

All about homeless people! there are other versions but this is the original

Cindy

18 Dec 2012     

yuliya888
Ukraine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

I adore this song by Sting. It �s not about London, the main idea of the song is Englishman �s nostalgia for his native place.

18 Dec 2012     

bibikos
Greece

many thanks to all of you for your great ideas!

Merry Christmas

19 Dec 2012