Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Good Sports Movie for Upper Intermediate    

Good Sports Movie for Upper Intermediate

EstherLee76
Peru

Good Sports Movie for Upper Intermediate

Hi,

I need to tap into the creativity and experience on the Forum again.

I need to work with a good sports movie for Upper Intermediate students.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Esther

30 Dec 2012      

alex076
Italy

The Blind Side, I love it!
Happy New Year!!! Star

30 Dec 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

glory road

30 Dec 2012     

rachel41
Israel

Great movie! This is wonderful as a pre-watching activity, even though they have to read the translations, they LOVE it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4oA3kkAWU

30 Dec 2012     

Pelletrine
France

South Africa.... Rugby..... Sport..... Nelson Mandela:   "Invicturous" it is really great, an absolut must    ;o))

- you �ll find lots of work sheets here .... and where-ever you google to ;o)))

Good luck.... and Happy New Year !!
edit: woooohhhh: I�m so sorry: that�s not the right spelling of the name of the film .... further more : I can�t get it right: heeeeeelp please   Embarrassed    you�ll see: the film makes a great thing ... not only on sport ;o))
- you also have � Billy Elliot�  - �Goal� ( 1 and 2) .... all very different... depending on YOU and your students ;o)))

Happy New Year !!!

30 Dec 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Great Suggestions!  Now my problem is chosing one!

Thanks ever so much!

Esther

30 Dec 2012     

dennismychina
China

Hi, Esther, Pelletine �s suggestion Invictus is a good choice.It �s about a truely great man, (Nelson Mandela, Nobel Peace Prize winner) who, as the president of South Africa, ingeniously used sport (The 1995 Rugby World Cup) in his endeavours to unite a diverse and troubled country. Directed by Clint Eastwood and staring Matt Damon. BTW the movie is based on fact.
Enjoy. 

30 Dec 2012     

pilarnavarro
Spain

I followed a suggestion on the forum here a few weeks ago and I decided to play Goal 2 with my students.
 They just loved it, and even the girls said we could see Goal 1 because they found it very interesting. Both films are great for teens.
 I just chose Goal 2 because it �s focussed on Real Madrid and most of my students support this team.

31 Dec 2012     

evinches
France

Hello Esther,

Bend It Like Beckham is an obvious choice for me ....it deals with sports but with many other social issues too.
I worked on it last year but at a lower level but I �m sure it would be an enjoyable project at any level.

Hope you are well and ready to celabrate the start of 2013 in a fun way,
Best wishes,
Esther

31 Dec 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks again all of you for your wisdom and advice!  I already used "Goal 2" with my KET class.  Richmond has a good reader that goes with the movie.

Back to the tough part of decision making for my intermediate class.

Happy New Year everyone!

Esther

31 Dec 2012     

karagozian
France

I would opt for Invictus as well with Mandela, South Africa etc.  There are plenty of worksheets about that subject.

31 Dec 2012     

1    2    Next >