Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I Level check my adults    

How can I Level check my adults

Chris Japan
Japan

How can I Level check my adults

Dear fellow teachers,

Can anyone kindly advise me where to find a test or format for level checking my adult students in all areas of English (reading,writing,listening, speaking)?

Any advise would be gratefully received.
Best regards
Chris

21 Jan 2009      

Mietz
Germany

Hi - I�m not sure, if this is, what you are looking for, but there are great self-evaluation tests etc. around the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages" (CEFR). 
http://www.coe.int/T/DG4/Portfolio/?L=E&M=/main_pages/levels.html

I often give my students the self-assessment at the beginning and at the end of a course. They see differences themselves. Of course I can see, if their self assessment is realistic and complying with their own contributions to the lessons. Interestingly they often/ usually are.

If you just wanted to look for tests, the type test in the search for printables and maybe in the forum. There are loads of useful printables on that here and there have been discussions about that before.

21 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Very useful link Silke! Thanks for sharing!

21 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

AHHHHH brilliant this is actually what I was searching for last week!!!! But couldn�t find in english :-) SUPER!!!!

21 Jan 2009