Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > "WORD OF THE DAY", The WINNER    

"WORD OF THE DAY", The WINNER

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"WORD OF THE DAY", The WINNER

Dear Members,

Thank you for all your weird and wonderful definitions of "THAUMATURGE".

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=39512

Who is the WINNER?

Do you remember that I wrote that I imagined the winner was a teacher who lived in a little village, possibly on top of a very high mountain?

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I WAS AMAZINGLY CORRECT!

The WINNER is Teacher MARIONG, who lives in a mountainous region of --- HOLLAND.

A THAUMATURGE is: "A surgeon who works in Arctic regions and specializes in thawing out frozen patients."

Congratulations Marion.  Ik feliciteer u.

What is the REAL definition?  �A Thaumaturge� = �A performer of miracles or magic feats�.

It�s over to you now, Marion, for the next "Word of the Day".

Once again, "Congratulations"

Les Douglas

Post Script.  I have written to MarionG, but unfortunately, she will be away for a few days.  She has asked me to choose someone else.  Here is the Winner.

"Thaumaturge is something that does miracles to your life. It�s what the ESLP site does to lots of teachers� lives around the world - a healing, relaxing effect. Happy New Year to all!"
Melinaki
What a lovely thought.  Over to you, MELINAKI

3 Jan 2013