Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!!! Conversation class for adults    

Help!!! Conversation class for adults

joass
Spain

Help!!! Conversation class for adults

Dear friends,

Next week, I �ve got a new conversation class for adults (one or two beginner Ss) and I have no idea how to make the lesson plan. I think that Ss want to learn English for travelling. So, I �ve thought to prepare role playings in different situations. But I am running out of more ideas!! 

I would like to test their grammar and fluency the first day. Apart from speaking about themselves and giving opinion about different topics... Can you think of any other activities for the first day?? Can someone give me some advice about the lesson plan?? 

Thanks a million!!! 
Have a nice weekend!! :)
Joana

5 Jan 2013      

jannabanna
France

Hi Joana,

If your students are all from Spain, why not (for the first lesson) draw a rough outline of Spain on the board and get each student to mark where they were born and then talk about the town, area and then themselves, the others can ask questions.  If they are beginners let them do it in Spanish, the most important thing on the first day is to get to know each other.  Then pass round a piece of paper for them to write down their objectives for the course.  

Good idea to test their grammar, that �s always been my priority and then finish off with perhaps an exercise on how to ask questions and get them up and moving around the class asking each other questions and making notes of the answers.  If their level is good enough some of them could report back to the class what they have found out about the others!  Don �t forget to include yourself in this introduction.

There are plenty of worksheets for conversation here on the site, but I �d be happy to send you some of mine by email if you send me a PM.

Janet 

5 Jan 2013     

SaraMariam
United States

hi Joana,

maybe you will find some nice things here: http://bogglesworldesl.com/survivalESL.htm
I used that pretty often and it always worked very well.

5 Jan 2013     

joass
Spain

Thank you very very much for answering the post dear friends!!!
Really useful!! :)

5 Jan 2013