Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English for interviews    

English for interviews

yetigumboots
Germany

English for interviews

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any tips for preparing an adult for a job interview in China (speaking English)
I just got a phone call that he was coming to ask for my help tomorrow so I am in a mad rush and wont have much time to prepare...

I dont even know what the job is. (I think the car industry???) Does anyone have a few general helpful hints that I could pass on to him. Thanks in advance xx

Happy New Year to you all

Yeti x

6 Jan 2013      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI, Yeti. Not sure if this will be of use, but here are some links I find useful when I deal with a smiliar topic:

Job application letters samples http://jobsearch.about.com/od/morejobletters/a/jobappletter.htm

interview tools http://www.jobinterviewtools.com/home.htm?gclid=CIjdycKG1LQCFQ1Y3godjA4AhA

And if you go on youtube and just type in job interviews, you �ll find lots of things.

I hope this helps a bit. I find that it �s all about self-esteem and people are just nervous and anxious (understandably), so it �s sometimes enough just to go through these basic questions one is usually asked at the interview and perhaps watch a video or two with sb llike you to guide them, and they feel more confident and relaxed. Frankly, opening an inteview with some good, well-prepared answers (usually basic questions about you and your experience) helps a lot - the candidate relaxes, leaves a good impression and the interviewers are not as tough any more.

Anita 

6 Jan 2013     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You could try Boggle �s world.  They have a section on job interviews. 

6 Jan 2013     

helena2009
Hungary

First I would start with general questions.

Then I would write a summary with him about the factory and the job which he wants to get and a summary about his competences.

And then here  and here  there are tons of typical interview questions.

I hope I could help.

H.

6 Jan 2013     

maceman
Canada

Hi Yeti,
I have produced several worksheets on this topic that my students have found very helpful. You can search for them under my name Maceman. I hope they help you.
All the best,
Mark

6 Jan 2013     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks everyone. This has been so much help. xxxx

11 Jan 2013