Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Storytelling    

Storytelling

educount
Spain

Storytelling

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me in finding resources to tell stories in the esl class (young students from 6-12) or about basic storytelling (webs, books...). For instance I know the story of Mr wiggle and Mr waggle which is great since it requires short simple sentences and you can use your hands when telling the story. I�m looking for this kind of stories. Thanks!

29 Sep 2008      

Pastanaga
Spain

Hi, I have a book entitled Storytelling with children by Oxford. It�s a great resource book, with lots of practical ideas and tips for telling stories to ESL students age 6 to 12. It includes lots of stories, too. The point in teling stories in English is not only telling but getting children involved and making them participate as much as possible. The enjoy stories a lot, and you�ll see the learn much more and faster.

At the beginning it seems hard to use stories, but when you get used to them, you�ll get addicted! and so will your students.

Note that to tell stories you may need visual support :�big books� or board books. You can find lots in Amazon. If you want some titles I can tell you those that I have used and that have worked.
My e-mail adress is: [email protected]

Bye!

29 Sep 2008     

missundaztood_74
Spain

yep that book its absolutely wonderful.
i use it a lot, its pretty expensive but its totally worth it

29 Sep 2008