Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.





ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board


ESL forum > Ask for help > need help!!!    

need help!!!

[email protected]

need help!!!
hi! how would you say the piece of paper you give your students to get permission from their parents to go on a school trip or to see a play? īauthorization slip ī???? and what about the note they hand in when they couldnt attend the lesson because they were ill or had an appointment with the doctor??
Thanks in advance. You always help me.

17 Jan 2013      


I īd call the first one a permission slip. The second I īd call a parent īs note or a doctor īs note.

17 Jan 2013     

United Kingdom

Yes, for a trip, it īs a permission slip and for absence, it īs a note from the parents.

My attendance at school was terrible and my mother always used to write the same note, which was ridiculously pompous. īPlease excuse Lynne īs absence, which was due to a bilious attack. ī  I always felt special when I handed the note in. A bilious attack! Didn īt have a clue what it meant. 

17 Jan 2013     

[email protected]

Thank you very much

18 Jan 2013