Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Vote, vote, vote    

Vote, vote, vote

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Vote, vote, vote

Dear friends,

please, support our site here .
Something strange is happening there as site that had hardly 60 votes yesterday has taken over us today and got about 800 votes in just one hour. Please,  support our site because that other one is not far so great as ESLP.
VOTE

17 Jan 2013      

Mabdel
Morocco

So sad !!!!! There must be something wrong !!!!

17 Jan 2013     

5percangol_hu
Hungary

Dear All, There is nothing strange about 5 Perc Angol�s rapidly increasing number of votes. Actually, we were not aware of being nominated, and last night one of our readers let us know about the competition, so we asked our daily readers (we have around 140.000 registered, very engaged and active daily readers) and Facebook fans (more than 65.000 � see the post here: https://www.facebook.com/5percangol/posts/107090982802921) to vote for us. And they did: ) 5 Perc Angol (Nora Szalai)

17 Jan 2013     

lurdesilva
Portugal

I have already asked several friends to vote and will keep doing it until the end of the votes. I guess many of the members don �t visit the site regularly and don �t know about the nomination...

17 Jan 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Should I be honest, Nora?

It may be the way you write but everyone who compares ESLP and your site can see the huge difference. I believe we all here know who is the winner (otherwise we wouldn �t be here)Wink

17 Jan 2013     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Mikaela : Clap

17 Jan 2013     

douglas
United States

Just a note:  Victor did ask that we not do multi-voting.  His take on it was that if we win, we should win on our own merit.

18 Jan 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Ouch, have missed that one. OK, I�ll ask friends here. Thanks for letting me know, Douglas.

18 Jan 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

I �m interested about this site 5 Perc Angol. I have been teaching for many, many years and searching the web for almost as longfor ESL resources and NEVER come across it before! If it is really worthy of top billing as best English site surely googling English would bring up something!
I agree with Victor, we win on our merits or not! We, as members know what an awesome site we have. I would have liked also to have voted for some of the other sites such as michellehenri.fr,another great site!

18 Jan 2013     

5percangol_hu
Hungary

Hello Everyone, again, I can only tell you the same I said yesterday. We�ve been operating in Hungary (that�s why the site�s language is Hungarian � meaning that if you google English, you won�t find our site, only if you google �5 perc angol�, �szalai n�ri� or �szalai n�ra� or �angol, which means English in Hungarian) for 10 years now. Apart from our free services (daily lessons for 140.00 registered users, and more than 4000 articles with professional audios available on our site) we also publish our own books (over the last few years our books have become bestsellers in Hungary, selling over 50.000 copies). In 2009 we also launched our own monthly English teaching/practicing magazine, which has over 10.000 readers a month. On Facebook we have more than 65.000 followers. So, considering all these facts and figures, I really do not think that our votes should be considered suspicious. If I myself � as the owner, face and editor of the site � can gather more than 3000 votes in a day, eslprintables with its 75000 teachers could have gathered much more than I did. Nora Szalai (5 Perc Angol)

18 Jan 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Ah, 5percangol - that �ll be the awesome English site written almost entirely in Hungarian with much of its English content deceptively clever copy & paste jobs/links (although, unfortunately, often uncredited - an understandable oversight). Oh, and a highly engaged and active readership which can rally round the flag in a matter of hours in numbers far outstripping those sites with many times the registered membership which took weeks to reach their current totals. How can anyone call shenanigans on this level of commitment? Well done, Nora and her hard-working colleagues! An example to us all, teachers and students alike! Thumbs Up

On an entirely unrelated note, are people here aware of the difference between votebots and proxies? One thing they seem to have in common is rendering results in online polls completely meaningless.

18 Jan 2013     

1    2    Next >