Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Maxmillian Awards Hunt    

Maxmillian Awards Hunt

ohermann
Czech Republic

Maxmillian Awards Hunt

Hi everybody,

I�d like to say something to the "Love English Awards 2012" because I have read many threads and comments on it lately. There are only four explanations for the situation that our website has got "only" 0,3 % of our registered members have voted so far:

1) we (ESLP) have only something about 2300 active members

2) the other members find other sites useful too

3) the other members do not know about voting (they haven�t been here for a long time)

4) the other members don�t care

Perhaps there are also some other reasons for not voting for ESLP. First of all, I�d like to say I love this ESLPrintables and voted for it. But I must admit there are also many other very interesting and useful sites. Let�s accept the fact that people all over the world love other sites too because they have helped them in their effort to learn (or to teach) English. It is all right to be "patriotic and faithful" but let�s appreciate the other sites� good "play". Let�s do our best (oh, I wish ESLP was winning) and remember it is only a "game". When such a voting is not fun we are taking it too seriously. This doesn�t mean we shouldn�t give 100 percent effort, but when the only thought is to win at all cost, then it is no longer the spirit of "a good teacher".

I love you all.Hug I love this site Heart (I like the other sites too Wink). I really appreciate Victor�s idea and his effort to bring this WONDERFUL site to life (and keep it in the good condition) Clap Thumbs Up. And I will still love all of these even if the number of �our� voters isn�t increasing. Smile

But dear members who haven�t voted yet, time is getting shorter! Exclamation

18 Jan 2013      

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear,

You are probably right in analyzing the reasons of non-voting but you are right either in saying we are part of a great site.

Of course there are other valuable websites, and we all use several of them. It is always interesting to see different versions of a same lesson, a same topic...

Of course this "survey" has to be taken more as a challenge rather than an absolute priority because it is better to have participating members rather than dormant members but when we are addicted to such a site like ours we cannnot help supporting it till the end...

So... I DO encourage you, all the active members, to vote - if you haven �t yet - and make as many different people vote when it is possible !

And yes : THANKS Victor for such a site !

18 Jan 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Just an observation: cheats can always win in the end, but they must question the value of their victory.

18 Jan 2013     

marie.marron
Spain

I don �t understand how come the best site about English language has only so few things written in English? It �s just not useful for anybody who �s not Hungarian. And not to mention it �s not fair...

18 Jan 2013     

shari belo
Hungary

I �m just wondering why people have a problem with having so many wonderful sites to help us learn English? It seems to me that these communities that are about helping each other and teaching and setting examples even, don �t really do themselves any favors by reacting like pre-school children to the succes of the rest of them...before learning English, we should learn to be adults. Cheers! By the way, all you have to do is vote for the site you think is best for you - that �s not such a hard thing to do, is it? Nobody is forcing you to have different opinions, but please let �s move out of the Dark Ages. Hungary is a small country but since it has one main site/magazine helping those who want to learn English, all of them vote for that one community - yes, many people are learning English in Hungary as well!But I wonder if any one them thought the rest of the voters were cheaters....jesus. Hard time seeing the forest through the trees, right?

18 Jan 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

It seems we �re getting new members from Hungary these days. Shocked

18 Jan 2013     

Zora
Canada

Odd that shari belo has no points, nor is there a profile of any sort. I also looked at the site and it seems rather VOA in it �s content... nothing new in my opinion.

18 Jan 2013