Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > MACMILLAN VOTATION    

MACMILLAN VOTATION

starrr
Brazil

MACMILLAN VOTATION

With more than 744992 registered users our beloved web site **Eslprintables** will lose the competition award made by Macmillan. It is so sad to see just few members voting and we all know the power of this amazing website with so many amazing and always helpfull members. We could win this prize easily if just 1,0% or less of the members had voted last days. But shame on us. Our few votes won�t help this time. Pity that a Hungarian web site almost all written in Hungarian language and not 100% in English (no free worksheets, no free powerpoints, no interaction, no foruns, no real help and sharing and caring athmosphere, nothing compared to what we have here as resources for teachers) is going to win the prize awards 2012 with more than 4.777 votes today. I have spread the word in my 3 social networks last days and today. I Had done my part posting the link for votation on facebook, twitter and lots of more blogs and websites I belong to. But Bad luck I guess? It is a thing to rethink in the future don�t you think? CryCry I repost the link here for those who did not the votation yet. Till January 21th we can help perhaps?

http://www.macmillandictionaryblog.com/love-english-awards-2012-website

18 Jan 2013      

Mabdel
Morocco

what a pity ! 140 00 registerd users with more than 4000 thousands whereas more than 744 00 users with only 2300 votes! Shame on all those who benefited a lot from the site but didn �t vote for it! Angry

18 Jan 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, no need to be furious about it.
We all know that not all the registered members are active. It is a shame a site which is mainly Hungarian is going to win an English Language Competition but that �s how MacMillan has set the rules.
It �s only a competition, we all know how helpful is this site for us and that is what counts.Wink
And honestly, even thought I am addicted to this site, there are other great sites too (eg. British Council, the Czech "Help for English", VOA, etc.) As we say in may country "The bread won �t be cheaper anyway".
Have a great weekend everybody. Smile

18 Jan 2013     

Pelletrine
France

So well said, dear Michaela,

We might be a multitude of members... but I do believe the number of votes reflexts the number of currant users  ;o) 

There is no doubt this is the ever best site I have met in my life ! 

Why ?  - Because it is made up of supporting each other... togetherness !  : Thank you Victor!!!

It is not at all commercial nor competitif... it �s about real sharing and caring:

- that �s why we love it, become addicted to it.

War springs out from wants.... we don �t need that here, huh ????

So, buzzz : if we make it : GREAT    if not: REALLY it doesn �t matter : we all know why we love to belong to this place ;o))
hugs

18 Jan 2013     

perlittah
Tunisia

I totally agree dear Pelletrine, 
Actually, it �s not a surprise as many people download your worksheets without thanking their �s colleague so imagine for the other things. Nevertheless, the number of members doesn �t reflect the actual users. Besides, some others may not be interested in such contest. So let �s accept this and take it easy....
It �s true that I �m a new member in this site, but I already owe it much for the help it provides, for the new teaching ideas, for improving my teaching level and  most of all for making teaching more enjoyable. FOR THOSE IN FAVOUR LET�S VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTE!  

19 Jan 2013