Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Textbooks for adults (aiming at developing communication skills)    

Textbooks for adults (aiming at developing communication skills)

Tere-arg
Argentina

Textbooks for adults (aiming at developing communication skills)

Hi,

Does anybody happen to know (a) good textbook/s to be used with adults wishing to learn the language mainly to communicate with other people when traveling and at work?
Any books, sites, resources you can suggest will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Have a wonderful weekend

Tere

19 Jan 2013      

spinney
United Kingdom

This is fantastic but it isn �t free, unfortunately.

19 Jan 2013     

Maria Linz
Brazil

Hi, Tere! I use American English File (Oxford University Press) and I love it. And so do the students. There are lots of activities and games, and the classes are not boring at all. There is also an English version called New English File. They are not free, but if you google it you will find many scanned books available. I also use a lot of activities from this website and others to make my classes more fun, and to speak more English in class. Good luck, dear!

19 Jan 2013     

yuliya888
Ukraine

I �d suggest English for life. Here is the link

http://elt.oup.com/student/englishforlife/;

jsessionid=AB451C2E2BCF2A39DD48E6C2DBA81132?cc=ua&selLanguage=uk

19 Jan 2013     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Thanks so much spinney, Maria and yuliya.

I am looking for a  good book (or two) to buy and, if possible, free resources on the internet.

The more suggestions, the better...so, thanks again!  :)

I have been using New English File so far, but need something more. Perhaps, more dialogues, more everyday situations and  even subjects for discussion.

Have a blessed Sunday

Tere

20 Jan 2013     

alex1968
Greece

Some common topics from the internet: Get Ss to do as much speaking as possible on a wide range of topics.

Some of these sites offer vocab related to the topic.

Another good site with ideas, lesson plans etc is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

20 Jan 2013     

jannabanna
France

Wow, Alex1968, some of these sites are really good.  We always need subjects for conversation.  Thanks a lot,
Janet

20 Jan 2013     

ninon100
Russian Federation

I use NEW CUTTING EDGE intermediate with my adult groups. It �s full of communication, just as you need.

20 Jan 2013     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Thank you jannabanna and ninon!

21 Jan 2013     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Alex...thanks so much!

22 Jan 2013