Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > boarding pass    

boarding pass

RENZO
Peru

boarding pass

Hello dear friends around the  world 
Please I need your help, I am teaching how to check in and check out at the airport.
I would like to know what is the difference between ticket and boarding pass.

terminal and airport
carrousel and baggage claim
cart and trolley

Thank a million for your help. take care and God bless you

Chari

22 Jan 2013      

crunchie
Thailand

You pay the airline you are using for a flight ticket to your destination. The airline then gets permission from The airline then gets permission from emigration for you to leave from the country, you are then given a boarding pass if granted permission. Crunchie.

23 Jan 2013     

Kasuga
Japan

terminal is part of an airport and an airport may have many terminals.

23 Jan 2013     

douglas
United States

Crunchie is probably right.
More simplified: the ticket is what you get when you book the flight and proves that you have paid for it.  The boarding pass is what you get after you check in--it has your seat number and boarding times on it.
Airport is the entire thing, a terminal is one division of the airport
Cart and trolley are the same in my book. 

Baggage claim is the area where you go to pick-up your luggage, carousel is the belt the you find your baggage moving around on waiting to be picked-up.

23 Jan 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Chari

In my neck of the woods these terms mean:

ticket and boarding pass - you buy a ticket for a flight from an agent, online site or the airline.  When you check in you present your ticket and ID and you will be issued with a boarding pass allowing you to proceed to the next stage of the boarding process. 

terminal and airport - sometimes they mean the same thing but usually an airport has many terminals (sections) and travellers must know which terminal (section of the airport) that their flight will depart from

carrousel and baggage claim - generally the carousel is the conveyor belt that the luggage is on while the baggage claim is the general area where arriving passengers go to collect their luggage (and report lost luggage)

cart and trolley - these mean the same thing.  Cart is American and trolley is British

Cheers

Jayho

Douglas - we posted at the same time I think

23 Jan 2013