Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > at an airport    

at an airport

RENZO
Peru

at an airport

Hello dear friends around the world.

I am very grateful, pleased. thanks for being so generous. You do not know who I am but you help me. God bless you. please, I would like you to help me.
I am teaching the topic at an airport.
I would like to know the differences: information desk, immigration control, immigration counter, check in desk, check in counter.

aiport jobs
immigration control: immigration officer
immigration counter: Who?
information desk: Who?
check in desk: Who?
Check in counter
customs: Who?
baggage claim: Who?

I would like to create a wordsearch with the terminologies.  please do you have a link to create it.  I was using kokolikoko but I don �t know what happened with it.
I will do it and then I will send it to you.

Thanks a million.

Chari

23 Jan 2013      

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

You might like to try  http://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/airline.htm
I hope that helps. :-))

Terri

23 Jan 2013     

douglas
United States

1) Counter and desk are basically the same thing
2) The information desk is where you go for general information (i.e. where the Virgin Airines check in counter or gate B12 is).
3) The check-in counter is run by the individual airline as is where you exchange your ticket for a boarding pass and check-in your baggage (give it to the airline to put in the plane)
4) Customs is responsible for ensuring you don�t smuggle/import illegal goods into the country and that you pay necessary taxes and tariffs for goods you import.
5) Immigration is responsible for ensuring only authorized people enter/leave the country

-People working at the different counters/positions are generally called clerks.
-Customs and immigration people are agents--they work directly for the government.
-The airlines often refer to their people as agents as well.

24 Jan 2013