Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Another word to say DIPLOMA    

Another word to say DIPLOMA

aleia
Portugal

Another word to say DIPLOMA

Dear ESL members
This year I have to teach some administrative vocabulary and write some administrative documents.
My question:

in Portugal at the end of the university studies students get a DIPLOMA ( same word in English) or a " carta de curso" - this is the certificate  awarded by the universities.

Is there another word in English with the same meaning of DIPLOMA?

THANKS

AL

24 Jan 2013      

douglas
United States

"Certificate of Achievement" or "Certificate of Completion" (both are more general than dilpoma though)
"degree" -this doesn �t necessarily mean the piece of paper (a diploma is a piece of paper)

24 Jan 2013     

florimago
Spain

Certificate (of achievement) or diploma. Sorry but I don�t know any more words for that

Flori

24 Jan 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

You might find what you �re looking for on this UCAS page which gives the different types of courses available at higher education level:

24 Jan 2013     

Jayho
Australia

In the land downunder, we generally call the certificate an award or testamur because a diploma is an actual qualification level.

But, if you look  here you will see that diploma appears to be the commonly used term except in UK and Australia

Cheers

Jayho

24 Jan 2013     

helena2009
Hungary

Dear Aleia,

In my "diploma" you can see this translation : DEGREE CERTIFICATE.

Hope I could help.

H.

24 Jan 2013     

aleia
Portugal

THANK YOU!
Smile

24 Jan 2013