Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > wrap party    

wrap party

crissorrir
Brazil

wrap party

Hello dear teachers!
Please can anyone tell me the meaning of : wrap party. What kind of party is that.

24 Jan 2013      

cindyfreksen
Denmark

Ther tearm a wrap party is from the world og film.

When a film crew are finished shooting a film it is called �a wrap �. I am not entirely sure why, but I think that it si because when the shooting is done the film would be wrapped up and sent to the editing studio.

The actors and other workers on the film will then have a party to celebrate. A wrap party.

Hope that this helps

Cindy

24 Jan 2013     

yanogator
United States

Just to add a little to Cindy �s excellent answer, "wrap" isn �t only from the film industry (although a wrap party is). To "wrap it up" or "wrap this up" means to finish something you are working on, or a meeting.

Bruce

24 Jan 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

The wrap party is also held after a theatrical show has ended.  After the set is dismantled, the party commences!

25 Jan 2013     

crunchie
Thailand

WRAP is a form of modern music. So if you go to a wrap party it will be playing wrap music. The people there are called wrappers........Wrap on Cindy..........Crunchie......

25 Jan 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

crunchie, I �m not sure if you are making a pun or making a mistake, but the music genre is RAP, not WRAP. I could see this as a pun, but since many users of this site aren �t native speakers, they might not get the joke. I apologize if I rained on your parade; it �s not a bad joke. If you really didn �t know, then I just made my point.

25 Jan 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Methinks crunchie is refering to a party on Christmas eve when family members get together to wrap presents. On Christmas day one has an  unwrapping party. Ed

25 Jan 2013     

crunchie
Thailand

Just a Joke ...........but maybe the good lady spelled it incorrectly? This is just a bit of fun enjoy.............crunchie......

25 Jan 2013