Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Problem uploading my work onto the site     

Problem uploading my work onto the site

teacherblake
China

Problem uploading my work onto the site

Hello ESLers,

I have been trying to upload my work onto ESLprintables.com for three days and I have continually been unsuccessful getting the same error message:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. Server Error

I would like to know more information about this problem.  As I have tried to restart my computer, restart my browser, log-out then log-in. Nothing helps.  Previously about a week ago I added my first worksheet to the site with no problems. 

Any information or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Best Wishes,

Teacherblake

25 Jan 2013      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

I get this message when my file size is over 500K (really over about 540K) for a printable.

25 Jan 2013     

teacherblake
China

Thank you Matthew!   That is indeed the problem.

25 Jan 2013     

marishkalittle
Russian Federation

Actually, it �s a great problem, course 500K is too little!!! I have uploaded an activity wich contained 12 pictures and it was too heavy. I had to split them into three parts, and now the last part is considered to be NOT ESL, but all three parts ARE one whlole activity. That �s a problem.

25 Jan 2013     

wolfy
Chile

You could try formatting the pictures.  I don �t know which version of word you are using but it should be something like this...

1. Right click on any picture.
2. Click <Format Picture>
3. Click <Compress>
4. Select <All pictures in this document> where it says "Apply to"
5. Select <We Screen> where it says "Change resolution"
5. Click <OK>

You will loose some resolution but normally this doesn �t really affect the pictures too much.

25 Jan 2013