Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > warm fuzzies    

warm fuzzies

Mariethe House
France

warm fuzzies

An idea crosses my mind!

Have you heard of Claude Steiner�s tale: warm fuzzies?

In fact he is an American psychologist who worked with Eric Berne an another American psychologist who wrote the famous book: Scripts people play.

For people who don�t know the theory behind the tale, I shall explain:In fact, it�s about positive and negative srokes without which we can�t live! He says that if we don�t get positive strokes, we look for negative ones in order to survive and he bases his theory on experiments that have been made on babies in an orphanage by....? I just can�t remember his name now!( but I know one of you will!)

So, what I suggest is:

Why don�t we ( each of us on this site) send a private message to one member  we know or don�t know with a warm fuzzy in it and this as often as we think about it! I can be the reminder!
You don�t know what to say? Just say: I wish you a good day! I hope something nice will happen to you today! what�s the weather like in your part of the world? etc.....
I like the work you do , especially...
I personnally love it when I open my account and I see: You have a new message: do you want to open it now?

Hope you don�t think I am getting too old and senile! I have done it with kids and it workw wonders!
Bye...
Mariethe

22 Jan 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

I welcome your idea!!!! I�m used to do that but to some people it sounds too strange. Most people don�t see receiving such "strokes" as something normal. They think that you are a little crazy but the result is worth the iniciative. You are not senile; you are too wise. I see that you have learned several clues to live better.

I just had a similar idea in mind when I read those comments written by people labelling those greeting or good wishes on the forum as silly or unnecessry. You have given a theoretical phrame to my thoughts!!! It�s OK to send personal, warm messages to different members but I can�t see the difference of doing it on the forum if you feel doing it with the whole eslprintables family.

You have had a good iniciative and we have to wait to see who seconds you. Surely it may work wonders with those who consider this place as their second home!!! 

22 Jan 2009     

giovannademartin
Brazil

Lovely idea!

22 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

What a lovely idea, Marieth�!
You are indeed a very special person.

22 Jan 2009     

Paola_
Argentina

GREAT idea! Thumbs Up
A simple friendly message can work wonders!
And certainly make our day if we are feeling low!
So...I join in! Embarrassed

22 Jan 2009     

Kadrie
Russian Federation

Good idea!!!

I like to get messages.
I find it interesting to read the comments on my works, even when this comments are
negative, because they help me to improve my WS.
Nice comments and friendly words help me to feel good.
 Smile

22 Jan 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Great!!!
I love it!!
Do you rememver Vickiii (our kiwi teacher)? She used to send warm fuzzies to everyone!!

and she even has a Tale on that!

22 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Yes, I DO remember her very well and I am happy to hear she brought this idea before I did! So, evryone knows how it works! Great! Let�s start using it!
A warm fuzzy to you Meuge!I love the joy nd happiness that comes out of youe avatar!!
I can suppose it is you and your little one on the photo!
A big hug to you!
mT

22 Jan 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Thank you Mariethe!

Another huge one for you!!!
Yes, that is me with my fourth daughter, Clara!

More warm fuzzies!! Hug

22 Jan 2009