Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Name generator    

Name generator

Damielle
Argentina

Name generator

The Internet is awesome, isn�t it!!!

Try this name generator!!! According to the country you choose, you�ll find the names combinations you need. I think that�s useful to choose the correct first and second names for the characters according to the birth country in our worksheets.

22 Jan 2009      

Zora
Canada

Very cool. Thanks for sharing this. Smile

22 Jan 2009     

douglas
United States

How funny!  It�s useful for writing fiction too. I have added it to my favorites.

Thanks ,

Diethelm Poldi  (randomly generated German hilbilly name)

22 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I try to make a point of using non-Hebrew names on my tests and wss firstly because kids sometime tease eachother if someone in the class has his name on a ws.  Secondly, I want my pupils to get used to "English" names so they will recognize them as names when reading texts.

Unless you are writing about someone who immigrated to an English speaking country, 

Oleg lives in New York.   (sounds funny )  no offence to Oleg.

I wrote a text once about a boy name Tony who moved to New York from Italy. And they were very poor until they opened a pizza shop.  (Tony here sounds correct) 

�THIS IS NOT A PLUG FOR MY WSS, BECAUSE I HAVEN�T UPLOADED THAT TEXT.�

22 Jan 2009