Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Choral Speaking / Speech Choir    

Choral Speaking / Speech Choir

shida_ronaldo
Malaysia

Choral Speaking / Speech Choir

Hello everyone, 

I �m Shida and I �m not an optionist in teaching English. My school will be participating in the  choral speaking competition but I �m having problem writing the scripts since I don �t know how.. :(  

Could anyone help me on the script please. I don �t have any specific topic so I �ll accept any topic .. I really appreciate it.. Thank you in advance

31 Jan 2013      

orly100
Israel

How old are your pupils?

31 Jan 2013     

neil660
China

So basically, you want someone to do your job for you? Why don �t you think about it, and come up with your own script. It seems like you need the experience.

31 Jan 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Give shida_ronaldo a little bit of a break, neil660. He or she sounds like a new, insecure teacher; we were all there once. I can �t personally help because I don �t do choral anything with my adults, but please don �t criticize other teachers for asking for help. My guess is that shida_ronaldo needs an example of a choral script and would then rewrite or edit based on his or her students.

1 Feb 2013     

neil660
China

OK, maybe I did come off a little to harsh. For that I apologise.
Maybe you could do Brother John? It sounds beautiful when sung in harmony.
Group one starts singing, 

are you sleeping, are you sleeping, Brother John, Brother John.
Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing, ding dang dong, ding dang dong.

when the first group has finished singing 

are you sleeping, are you sleeping

the second group can start from the beginning. Once the second group has finshed singing 

are you sleeping, are you sleeping

the third group can start singing the song from the beginning, and so on.

I hope that helps, and forgive me for being rude.

1 Feb 2013     

shida_ronaldo
Malaysia

Sorry for being late..

My students are 13 to 15 years old. I �m teaching in a rural area so their english is not so good.. (even me.. haha)..

Actually, I have my own script now, it �s juts I don �t know how to divide where is  the group part, the  individual part.. and how to insert a funny part..

Thank you all for the support

1 Feb 2013     

Apodo
Australia

Have you watched any Youtube videos? Lots of ideas there.

2 Feb 2013