Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Games and ideas     

Games and ideas

urpillay
Spain

Games and ideas

Dear colleages,
Tomorrow, I�m starting teaching two children aged 7 and 9 at the same time. It is not because they need help with exercises, grammar... but for practising oral speaking through games, songs... I have some ideas but I need more. Could you help me, please? Thanks in advance!!!
INMA ALC�ZAR

22 Jan 2009      

aclink
United States

I have a great game in my printiables check it out.

22 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=165261#thetop
This is a really cool activity from helenk.

One student has a card and can describe what the word or object is and the partner can ask questions before trying to guess what the word/thing  the first student is describing.
There are 8 words on each card under loads of different topics so you could make extra yourself.
I have played this game but I was the student in my Swedish class and it was fun and it really made you talk and try to use the right vocabulary!

22 Jan 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Thanks a lot for your ideas!! They are great!!
INMA ALC�ZAR

22 Jan 2009     

Gcel
Mexico

Hi!
Well when I was a student my english teacher always make funnies songs like:

verb to be, verb to be
is are am, is are am
verbos auxiliares
verbos auxiliares
ser o estar ser o estar

he sings this song like martinillo I hope you know the song, tah was an easy way to learn the ver to be, I usually watch kids tv�s program and make notes about a cartoon like the power rangers i ask about their colors like what color is kimberly? and the kids said pink, because he knows the name of the pink power ranger.

make games, puzzles, wath movies and then ask them questions , is fun.

make your class like a party, they gonna like them.

best wishes and good luck

22 Jan 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I am teaching all the morning from Monday to Friday to kids ranging from 5- 10 years old. I just started a week ago. I have a terrible sore throat now, those kids really consume all my energy. I love them, they are cute, but sometimes I feel myself desperated when I try to sing and only half of them are paying atention to me and following the actiongs.
This week has been better than last week though. I have taught before to children twice but now I have full classrooms.

Poor me, honestly I find it more difficult teaching children than teaching adults. I am also glad we are almost friday. Dont take me wrong, I think Im working too much. From 7.30 am - 1pm, then from 3pm to 10 pm. Oh and this kid comes home for private lessons from 1.30pm-2.30.

I am also in need of ideas mostly for children behaviour managing.

Miss Melissa.
                   Hug

22 Jan 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Oh Melissa,
I am sorry you feel so bad right now!! I�m starting teaching them at their home for one hour and a half tomorrow. I don�t know the children yet but I hope they don�t sleep. I am looking for games and activities to have fun while learning.
I hope you can have a rest this weekend because you need it!! We are not machines!!!
Hugs from Spain!!
INMA ALC�ZAR

23 Jan 2009