Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Classification of some worksheets    

Classification of some worksheets

alien boy
Japan

Hmm, I suspect the worksheet is actually intended for teachers as instructions on how to alter their worksheets rather than for students....

Maybe it�s under the wrong worksheet type?THAT is a problem!

It, however, may be ok as the method can still be applied to worksheets designed for everyone in that age group.

Don�t use examples that are too absurd to prove a point - it doesn�t really work...

23 Jan 2009     

urpillay
Spain

I agree with you danibauer,
I am trying to find activities for my kids aged 7 and 9 and it is horrible because I am wasting a lot of time looking for them since the activities don�t match the ages!!! Is is so difficult to give the right information???
Hugs from Spain!!
INMA ALC�ZAR

23 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Good evening to you! I totally agree with Daniela! A few days ago I was looking for other exercises on Reported Speech and there were lots of workheets misplaced... I could find a little bit of everything and some of them had nothing to do with that grammar topic... I even found some  Reading Comprehension Tests. Once someone asked in the forum how we could place the same worksheet in different contents because he/she had found the same worksheet in the  "vocabulary"category, "grammar" cat., "reading", "tests , etc...  But no one could say...

As for the ages, I try to be as precise as I can even though Isometimes I wonder if a worksheet is appropriate or not for primary school kids, because I�ve never worked with children that age.   The levels are not so difficult but sometimes we do have doubts. European countries have the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment, which presents 6 levels - A 1 and 2 for basic users, B1 and 2 for independent users and C 1 and 2 for Proficient users. For example, my 8th graders (their 4th year leaning English) are in level B1, i.e., Intermediate level. Would it make it easier for us to use those 6 levels instead of the 3 levels we use here? I�m not sure.

Wish you all a good night!
mena

23 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2