Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > school activities for s. Valentine    

school activities for s. Valentine

[email protected]
Spain

school activities for s. Valentine

Hi again! Any suggestion for S. Valentine?
I �ve got worksheets for the classroom, but I mean for the whole  secondary school. A couple of years ago  students wrote a letter either in French or English and put it in a box. They gave 30p to the caretaker and we bought flowers, so some students received the letter along with the carnation. The atmosphere was very pleasant at  school. Other ideas????

Thank you in advance

7 Feb 2013      

mvblair
United States

Sending flowers or candy to friends is fun (we call them "flowergrams," which I suppose is like a "telegram"). For many small holidays, our school always has a door decorating contest. Students will decorate the door to the classroom in a very festive way. Then, students or teachers will vote on the door they like the most. The winning class might get a box of candy or a "free homework" day.

7 Feb 2013     

abba
Spain

The door decorating contest is a great idea, I think I �m going to suggest it to the other English teachers from my high school, have you got any blog or net site where you upload photographs of these events?

7 Feb 2013     

mvblair
United States

It �s a lot of fun, Abba. Students can be creative and the doors are often very pretty. I like to encourage students to put poems on the doors. I didn �t find a blog, but I did a quick Google search and found some pretty typical-looking doors from US high schools! There are some beautiful examples that teachers put up on Pinterest, too!

7 Feb 2013     

pilarnavarro
Spain

I love the idea of putting poems on the doors. Thank you mvblair for your suggestion.

7 Feb 2013     

mourisca
Portugal

Great ideas!Thumbs Up
Thank you  

7 Feb 2013     

abba
Spain

Thanks a lot for the pinterest section, I loved it. I �m really going to suggest it tomorrow, I hope my colleagues are as enthusiastic as I am.
Bel�n

7 Feb 2013