Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Coursebook for preschoolers - help!     

Coursebook for preschoolers - help!

Bel�n_ab
Argentina

Coursebook for preschoolers - help!

Hi dear colleagues
I need some help! I �ve been looking for a coursebook for very young learners aged 4 and 5 and it �s been very difficult for me to make a decision. The problem is we �ve got ongle 80 minutes of lessons a week and most of the coursebooks I �ve seen were designed for longer periods of teachig! My students are all boys. I think I �ve found one that might be suitable for them but I really really want your opinion and piece of advice -  if someone has used it or not. The book is Playtime A and B, Oxford.
Thanks a lot.
Bel�n from Argentina

Coursebook for ver

10 Feb 2013      

alex1968
Greece

With boys I �ve used "Cookie and Friends" also by Oxford (Book A & Book B) and that worked pretty well.  I love the story cards.  Also, a contributor to this site has uploaded some nice ws that complement the book.
Another book I use is "Wonderland" pre-junior by Pearson & Longman which has characters from Disney so it seems familiar to the kids.  Also has great story sequencing and great songs!

I usually choose 1 book for the kids to buy but use materials from other books as well.

I haven �t used Playtime so I can �t really comment.

Good luck!

10 Feb 2013     

papadeli
Greece

Have a look here!
Greetings from Greece,

11 Feb 2013     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Pockets ( Pearson ) , having tried others, I �ve been using the series for 2 years and will not change it , they are fantastic ... Good luck !

11 Feb 2013     

Bel�n_ab
Argentina

thanks for the comments!! 

11 Feb 2013