Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Demo Plan    

Demo Plan

SaraNajm
Iran

Demo Plan

Hi Everybody,
I �m giving a teaching demonstration for a reading comprehension lesson next week (the audience being all teachers). I �ve decided to teach a short article about sleeping positions. Anyway, here are the things I need help for:

1. Since it �s READING comprehension, I have to prepare hand-outs for everyone (naturally). Can I use the same worksheets I give to students, or do I need to design a demo-oriented worksheet (like providing answers, etc.)?

2. Do I need to include a detailed lesson plan in the worksheet for everyone?

3. I �d be happy to get more tips on how to design a worksheet for a demo session.

Thank You

11 Feb 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Maybe it would be better to hand them a semi-blank lesson plan which they could fill in with the learning outcomes/type of interaction for activities by themselves? What do you think? And afterwards, you could discuss it with them.
Sophia

11 Feb 2013     

SaraNajm
Iran

Nice idea. Though I �m not sure if my audience is that cooperative.

11 Feb 2013     

abitano
Argentina

I guess they should get the student �s worksheets to mock the classroom situation and then maybe get a brief outline of the lesson plan on another sheet with some tips for teachers.
Regards, 

Laura

11 Feb 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

You might consider a Power Point or Prezi presentation to go with the worksheet. It might help the other teachers stay focused. But it is more work. However, if you can also work it into the lesson plan, it isn �t wasted effort. (And don �t forget, if you put it in 100% English, you can post here for points!)

11 Feb 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Sara

If I were in your shoes I �d do this:

1. Use the same WS you�d give to stds
2. Have the lesson plan on the lesson you�d teach to stds available to project on the board during your demo session. Offer to e-mail it to interested teachers after the session
3. I wouldn�t do a WS for the demo session - just organise some discussion questions to get everyone talking about the lesson.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jayho

11 Feb 2013     

sawsen abid
Tunisia

Hi; you could just write the objectives of the lesson on the wsht but the rest should just be a  practice of these latters. 
all the good luckTongue

11 Feb 2013     

SaraNajm
Iran

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the help and comments.

Here is what I did:
I was supposed to teach reading, so I prepared hand-outs so that everybody had the text I wanted to work on, and I put my lesson plan (though not much detailed) and the answer key on the back. I gave it to everyone... But the problem was that I didn �t get the chance to start my demo right at the beginning of the session. The supervisor talked a lot and some other teachers gave demos, and when it was my time to teach, everybody was already too tired to be willing to read anything, and hey, I was supposed to teach reading!!!! So the first thing I did was that I asked everybody to stand up and I gave them a warm-up activity which needed a lot of walking and running and then I distributed the hand-outs. And then everything went just perfectly well... And I aced it!!!!
The supervisor was like: Thank you... Very good... Well done...

Hip Hip Hooray :)

Thanks again. 

16 Feb 2013