Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > If a contribution is reported for containing images from another site...    

If a contribution is reported for containing images from another site...

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

If a contribution is reported for containing images from another site...

...isn �t the moderator who removes that contribution supposed to tell the contributor where the images supposedly came from?

It is impossible to check which images - none of which is watermarked by the way - have caused the complaint/removal if the moderator gives no URL or clearly identifiable site name.

With so many millions of images in the public domain, it is getting very tricky to tell what can and can �t be used, and getting very frustrating losing hundreds of points after people have downloaded the contribution(s).

Thank you.

23 Feb 2013      

krkoza
Turkey

you are right .. Im against removal too.

23 Feb 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

But why would the images be reported in the first place, if they are not watermarked? If they aren �t watermarked, I thought it was OK to use them? 

23 Feb 2013     

Talippp
Israel

My worksheet was reported but I didn �t have watermarked clipart.
Just lost all my points and have to upload it tomorrow again Ermm.

23 Feb 2013     

orly100
Israel

You�ve got a point there Matthew Thumbs Up

23 Feb 2013     

jannabanna
France

Matthew, I was under the same impression as Lynne.  I thought if they had no watermarks, they were OK to use in our worksheets!  What �s up now??

Janet

23 Feb 2013     

emilie_84
Turkey

ı am on agreement with all of you..my sharing was reported and then removed just because of this reason!

23 Feb 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

They don �t have to be watermarked. For example if you take images from messenglish.com, your ws will also be removed even thought the pics have no watermarks, but the site has copyrights for them.
It occasionally happens that a ws my be removed accidentally, but I don �t think this is the case. If you want to use pics, why don �t you use public domains as http://www.pdclipart.org/ or http://www.clker.com/ or you can find nice images at Phillip Martin �s site.

If you are confused, just try to read the rules and FAQ.

Regards, Michaela

BTW: Moderating is very time consuming, you cannot ask us to contact all the owners of reported wss. You�ll see for yourself just as soon as you become a moderator yourself.

23 Feb 2013     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Thank you MJ_Misa for your response.

I am neither confused or in breach of the rules.

Making and contributing materials is very time consuming.
I make and contribute materials on my own time.
I am not paid to do so.

I contribute according to the rules as they are written.
If there are "special" rules, beyond what is written, then the contributor cannot be expected to know about those.

If a moderator wishes to remove a contribution that supposedly breaks the rules, then he or she is quite obviously responsible not just for sating why, but also fro clearly referencing the supposed source of the problem (image) in question.

Thank you. 

23 Feb 2013