Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > translation for "carnet de laison" ou "carnet de correspondance"    

translation for "carnet de laison" ou "carnet de correspondance"

nathalie891
France

translation for "carnet de laison" ou "carnet de correspondance"

Hi everyone, this is a question mainly for those of you who teach english in France as I do. I �d like to know how you call your pupils � "carnets de liaison" in class? I �ve heard some fellow teachers call it "contact book", others, leaving it in French "carnet".
What do you usually do?

Thanks for your answers!

23 Feb 2013      

titine69
France

As"carnet de liaison" is purely a French invention ,I think(you can �t find it anywhere in French dictionaries)it is really difficult to find an equivalent.I say it in French when I refer to it .But this is a tricky question for me too.Sorry I haven �t got a translation.

23 Feb 2013     

titine69
France

Read what people think of it too.

23 Feb 2013     

Mamalika
France

Hello,
I personnally use the expression �Parents-Teachers notebook �. I know it is not perfect but it is descriptive of what it is meant for...
Take care!

23 Feb 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

when I was an au pair the girl I looked after had a "home school book" where she wrote the homework the teachers gave but also where there was a part her mum could use to explain absence or contact the teachers.
that �s the expression I use :)

23 Feb 2013     

jcendr
France

I use " message book" not perfect either

23 Feb 2013     

nathalie891
France

thank you all for your help! I think I will use "home school book", I like it :-)

23 Feb 2013