Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Possibly a strange request?...    

Possibly a strange request?...

eng789
Israel

As far as I know, here in Israel chalk boards are no longer in use (we use whiteboards) because mouth, throat and tongue cancer have been associated with  breathing in of the dust.   You should check it out.

Just so you know,  using whiteboard markers is also a bit messy and the erasers get "yucky" very fast and make everything dirty.

23 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

Good Morning All,

In China most of the schools still use chalk boards (blackboards is just not politically correct :~)) and, especially in winter the chalk dries my fingers out terribly. It�s not acceptable for men to carry hand cream around with them so I too use wet wipes for my hands in the classrooms and I use a �heal balm� (which I keep at my desk) instead of hand cream. A bit excessive you might say but hey it works for me. Also to stop dust flying around, most classrooms use wet cloths to clean the chalk boards. I haven�t seen (didn�t even know that they existed) chalk holders over her.

24 Jan 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

the use of the lipstick holders is an excellent idea!!! We havent� ( or at least I�ve never heard) about those chalk holders in Argentina. I will use your ideas this year... thanks !!!!!
have a nice weekend!!!
=)

24 Jan 2009     

evl422
United Kingdom

I�ve never tried it, but I would have thought that you could make a very simple holder by bending some paper around the chalk and then wrapping some cloth tape (or similar sticky tape) around the paper a few times to give it some durability. Good luck and do try to wash your hands as often as possible.

24 Jan 2009     

Hannie
Portugal

hi!
I�ve been using a chalk holder since forever and the wet baby towels are also in my bagWink. My skin is very sentitive and I get allergies very easily. I remember my first english teacher used a chalk holder so I couldn�t wait to get one for myself.
Here in Portugal we can get all kinds of boards. white, black, interactive.. We never know what we will find so I do think my chalk holder is my salvation!
Hannie

24 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2