Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Indirect Speech: Questions    

Indirect Speech: Questions

ginnilini
Germany

Indirect Speech: Questions

Hi everyone,

I �m a German teacher and our English curriculum has lots and lots of grammar in it. I just did conditional clause type 3, revision of all tenses, revision of statements in indirect speech and this week, I have to intriduce and practice questions in indirect speech. I kind of think the amount of grammar in two weeks is ridiculous but I �m a trainee teacher and can �t really make these decisions.

My question: Does anyone have a good idea for an interesting/active/communicative activity to practice questions in indirect speech. Maybe a game for 8th-graders?

I seem to have exhausted my repertoire for interesting grammar activities with all the other grammar topics...

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might come up with!!

3 Mar 2013      

abitano
Argentina

Hi!

You may want to try a memory game in groups: one student (or the teacher) can play the part of a celebrity being interviewed by  one group of students(the interviewers), who will come up with questions about his/her life/profession, etc.( past, present and future). Another group of students (the reporters), in turn,  will be watching the interview and will later try to recall as many questions and answers as possible and report to the class. Groups will get points for posing  interesting questions, for remembering the information and for using correct grammar (especially with the indirect questions).

3 Mar 2013     

ginnilini
Germany

Wow, you �re a genius! What a fantastic idea! Thanks so much ;)
I hope that I will be able to come up with great ideas like that on my own at some point in the future :).

Thank you!!

3 Mar 2013     

abitano
Argentina

You �re welcome! But I �m no genius... haha... Smile:)

3 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

you could also have the two groups create two posters (1 per each) with cut-outs of celebrities from some tabloids and write speech bubbles with questions/satements/dialogues from each character/between characters, then have the teams swap their posters and report the speech bubbles (points could be given for correct sntences) You can then hang the posters on the wall in your room, or on the door outside or in the hall.... 
Sophia

3 Mar 2013