Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need your help    

Need your help

sousou aicha
Tunisia

Need your help

Hi dear colleagues,
I need your help if you don �t mind. I am concerned with the topic below:
It is commonly assumed that britain was the centre of cultural production while the colonies developed derivative and imitative cultures. Discuss
If anyone of you has any information that helps, I will be so grateful if tjey share it with me (books, websites...).

3 Mar 2013      

balot27
Tunisia

hi pal,
i know of no sites, but i would recommend to read Edward Said as he tackled the issue critically in a creative innovative way. hope that proves of help.

4 Mar 2013     

abumohamed
Tunisia

Dr Adel Manai , a Tunisian historian and university teacher of British history,  and his publications can be of great help. Use google to search for his work or contact him.

4 Mar 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Yes, Edward Sa�d is as good a place to start as any. There �s a pdf version of his Culture and Imperialism (a wee bit scribbled-upon, admittedly) available here:

I �d also recommend Frantz Fanon - particularly the classic Wretched of the Earth (1961) and his earlier Black Skin, White Masks (1952). 

4 Mar 2013